Where did you train / learn to be an artist?
The short answer is Deborah didnʼt study formally, but found knowledge and inspiration by artists both past and present, and the world around her.
The following people and institutions have provided Deborah with most of her education:
- Her Parents: Artur and Sylvia Halpern
- Her Uncle – Stazek Halpern
- Warrandyte community of artists: Gus McLaren; Reg Preston; Phyl Dunn; Danila Vasilieff
- Potters School, Potters Cottage, Warrandyte
- RMIT, Journalism, 1977
- La Trobe Uni, BA, 1977
- Monash Uni, Caulfield Institute of Technology, 1979
- Monash Uni, Gippsland Institute of Advanced Ed, Grad Diploma of Visual Arts, 1986-89